Establishing a Creative Engineering Culture - Full Series
Creativity is at the heart of engineering, and is essential for developing innovative products, processes, and solutions to complex problems. Creative approaches are less effective if they are adopted by a few individuals. Real benefit is to be found wherever a creative culture prevails within an organisation. Establishing a creative culture in an engineering organisation takes more than installing some funky chairs, a football table and a suggestion scheme.
This modular online training course considers four key questions:
1. How might we characterise organisational culture?
2. What cultural factors are associated with creative problem solving?
3. How can we change organisational culture from the top down?
4. How can we change organisational culture from the bottom up?
- characterising organisational culture
- measuring organisational culture and creativity
- Factors associated with a creative culture
- neuroscience/psychology context for a creative culture
- top-down changes towards a creative culture
a. Learning from success and failure of others
b. Inspiration and motivation
- bottom-up changes towards a creative culture
a. Establishing allies
b. Taking the initiative
The course comprises two modules, each around 60 minutes long, and is tailored to delegates from the chemical and process industries.