Process Risk Assessment - Full Series
Effective risk assessment is fundamental to protecting businesses against the potentially devastating impact of process safety incidents; in most countries it is also a legal requirement.
This online course describes the processes used to identify, assess and communicate process risks from a safety, environmental or business perspective, from a simple qualitative approach to fully quantified assessments, together with the demonstration that risks are as low as reasonably practicable.
By the end of this course, you will understand:
- the concept of process hazard and risk
- the concepts of Tolerability of Risk (TOR) and As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP)
- the Hazard Identification (HAZID) technique
- the Bow Tie Diagram
- semi-quantitative risk assessment
- fully quantified risk assessment
- occupied building risk assessment, bow tie analysis, LOPA and fault tree/event tree analysis
Who is it for?
Anyone involved in the risk assessment process including supervisors, managers and directors, plant/process operators including maintenance functions, process safety engineers and loss prevention specialists.
What do you get?
- downloads of all modules (usually an hour each)
- most modules have a FAQ section at the end
- digital copies of slides and supporting materials (PDF)
- e-certificate of attendance, including hours allocation for CPD purposes (on request)
- process hazard and risk
- the regulatory framework and the ALARP concept
- tolerability of risk – individual and societal
- risk assessment proportionality
- process hazard identification and qualitative risk assessment
- bow tie and basis of safety concepts
- the process safety risk matrix
- risk matrix calibration and tolerability
- the risk graph technique
- layers of protection analysis
- hazard analysis
- fault tree analysis
- event tree analysis
- QRA development
- occupied buildings risk assessment
If you have several people you want to train, take a look at our multiple user option – allowing you to purchase the course for up to 10 individual users at a significantly reduced price of £995 + VAT.