Runaway Reactions - full series
Accidents resulting from ‘runaway reactions’ are not rare and they can have devastating consequences. An understanding of their relevant thermodynamics and kinetics is essential in order to avoid mishap. Measures to prevent and mitigate the effects of runaways with presenting case studies are discussed in the course.
This course will help you better understand all aspects of chemical reaction hazards and managing the runaway reactions.
The course draws upon a range of case studies from the chemical industry sector.
By the end of this course, you will understand:
- the principles and chemistry
- how to manage runaway reactions
- learning from case studies.
Who is it for?
Anyone who would like to improve their understanding of runaway reactions and learning from past accidents.
What do you get?
- downloads of all modules (usually an hour each)
- most modules have a FAQ section at the end
- digital copies of slides and supporting materials (PDF)
- e-certificate of attendance, including hours allocation for CPD purposes (on request)
Course outlineModule 1: Understanding chemical reaction hazards
- The chemistry – the thermodynamics and kinetics principles
- The causes
- Potentially dangerous exothermic processes (statistics)
- Standard initiating events
- Chemical process risk assessment
- Prevention and control of thermal runaway accidents
- Inherent safety and runaway reactions
- Emergency planning (emergency relief systems)
- Case studies – causes – lessons learned
- Regulations, good practice and preventing measures
This option allows you to purchase the course for up to 10 individual users at a significantly reduced price of £995 + VAT. Contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.