Six Pillars of Process Safety
This new online training programme explores the six pillars of process safety: knowledge and competence, engineering and design, systems and procedures, assurance, human factors and culture.
These areas break down aspects of an organisation's business, within each system for leadership, management and action. For complete management of process safety, it is vital to ensure there is high level leadership and commitment across all 6 functional areas.
Leadership in knowledge and competence in process safety is fundamental. This underpins inherently safer engineering and design and robust safety systems supporting the upholding and continued evolution of systems and procedures for maintaining safer process operations. These are sustained by the best practice in the assurance of process safety in a changing environment taking full account of the contribution of human factors, behaviours and external influences. These elements collectively shape the prevailing culture in the workplace and in society at large in order to build a common understanding of risk issues and to develop and utilise new ways for cost effective and sustainable risk reduction in the process industries.
Each one-hour module is led by IChemE Safety Centre Director, Trish Kerin and other IChemE Safety Centre staff who will investigate best practice and latest thinking on each topic, before presenting practical, applicable recommendations and next actions you can apply within your own organisation, regardless of sector or job level.
Each session is effective as a stand-alone session or as part of a modular programme.
- the importance of knowledge and competence in achieving a good process safety outcomes
- the importance of systems and procedures in achieving good process safety outcomes
- the importance of human factors in achieving good process safety outcomes
- the importance of engineering and design in achieving good process safety outcomes
- the importance of assurance in achieving good process safety outcomes
- the importance of culture in achieving good process safety outcomes
Who is it for?
Managers, engineers and safety personnel. Anyone who would like to develop a better, broader understanding of process safety.
What do you get?
- downloads of all modules (usually an hour each)
- most modules have a FAQ section at the end
- digital copies of slides and supporting materials (PDF)
- e-certificate of attendance, including hours allocation for CPD purposes (on request)
Our multiple user fee allows you to purchase this on-demand course for up to 10 individual users at a significantly reduced price of £1219 + VAT. If you are looking to purchase for a single user only click here.