Confined Space Entry
Confined space entry is often described as one of the most hazardous activities to be performed in an industrial environment. Numerous incidents have occurred in the past. This new online course is intended for those operators, engineers and technicians working on process plant to raise awareness of the issues surrounding this activity to adopt safe designs and practices and avoid the occurrence of such incidents.
Participants will learn how to identify different locations of confined spaces, the different approaches that should be taken when planning to enter a confined space, risk management and the principles of what to do if something goes wrong.
The course draws upon materials from the award-winning BP Process Safety Series book of the same name.
By the end of the course, you will understand:
- what is confined space
- what are the hazards of confined spaces
- what is a confined space entry permit
- description of the confined space entry process
- which are the common mistakes and pitfalls
- the gas testing and PPE requirements
- emergency rescue and standby persons
Who is it for?
Any operators, engineers and technicians who are working on a process plant.
What do you get?
- downloads of all modules (usually an hour each)
- most modules have a FAQ section at the end
- digital copies of slides and supporting materials (PDF)
- e-certificate of attendance, including hours allocation for CPD purposes (on request)
Module 1 - Introduction to confined space entry
- What is a confined space
- Confined space locations in processing plants
- Hazards of confined spaces
- Entry permit
- Identification of a confined space
Module 2 - The confined space entry process
- Confined space entry process
- Risk assessment
- Steps to be taken prior to entering a confined space
- Performing the activity safely
- Permit Issuing Authority
- Work Performing Authority
- Training and Competence
- Common mistakes and pitfalls
Module 3 - Gas testing and emergency rescue
- Gas testing and PPE requirements
- Gas testing for oxygen
- Gas testing for flammable vapours
- Gas testing for toxic vapours
- Emergency rescue
- Standby person
If you have several people you want to train, take a look at our multiple user option – allowing you to purchase the course for up to 10 individual users at a significantly reduced price of £995 + VAT..