Dust Explosion Risk Reduction – Case Studies - Full Series
This series of 4 case studies covers the reduction of risks from dust explosion making using of the DERReK methodology that is presented in the IChemE/BPE Dust Explosion online training modules (see page 48). Each case study will demonstrate how the methodology works and how it can be applied to different potential dust explosion problems in different industries.
By purchasing all 4 modules, you will gain a better understanding of how the DERReK methodology works.
- follows the classic wet granulation, fluid bed drying and milling process
- considers typical pharmaceutical mixtures.
- the importance of non-electrical sources of ignition and mitigation of consequences will be a major part of this case study
- centred on a US Chemical Safety Board case study
- examines differences in approach that the DERReK methodology would highlight compared to the Chemical Safety Board recommendations
- highlights how an explosion suppression system works in practice
- reviews the combination of conveying and gravity charging to a silo
- assesses changes made to large scale plant in the US that lead to a dust explosion
- examines a large scale experiment carried out in Germany and lessons learnt for hazardous area classification
- considers the DERReK methodology in relationship to the refuse separation and drying process
- examines whether it is possible to make logical conclusions about the hazardous area classification of parts of the process
- considers the possible consequences of any explosion
Want to purchase for multiple users?
Our 'broadcast fee' option allows you to run this course for up to 10 delegates at a significantly reduced price. Contact us for more information.