Effective Technical Writing - Full Series
Technical writing is one of the most important activities undertaken by an engineer, with the content often being safety-critical or business critical. It is therefore worthwhile considering how to improve the quality of documents and the efficiency of the writing. This course will take you through each step of the process, from identifying your desired audience and their needs, planning, structuring and writing your work, through to presenting the final document.
- document quality and writing efficiency a manufacturing approach
- the components of document quality
- empathy for the audience
- transmitting and receiving written information
- writing for the web and print: similarities and differences
- meeting audience expectations
- getting the content right
- getting the structure right
- storyboarding – a novel approach
- formal and informal registers
- getting clarity
- using motivating language
- maintaining focus in your writing
- attention to detail
- reviewing your work before sign-off
- reviewing others’ work
- presenting your work
- gathering and learning from feedback
The modules, each around 60 minutes in length, are effective as stand-alone training sessions or as part of a modular programme.
Want to purchase for multiple users?
Our 'broadcast fee' option allows you to run this course for up to 10 delegates at a significantly reduced price. Contact us for more information.