Managing the Hazards of Flare Systems - Full Series
This online course examines the causes and prevention of flare system incidents. It comprehensively reviews the operations and equipment used on all types of offshore and onshore flare systems. It categorises the key hazards which must be controlled and reviews in detail the five most common hazards associated with flare system incidents.
The course draws upon past industry accidents and incidents, as well as errors in design, only revealed in operation. You will gain an understanding of the key design, operation, maintenance and plant modification aspects which must be controlled to ensure safe flare system operation.
The modules can be undertaken as stand-alone training sessions but are most effective as part of a modular programme.
- the importance of flare systems and flare system safety
- the top five hazards associated with flare system incidents
- review of flare system types, components and incidents
- use of bow-tie diagrams as a frame work for understanding and analysing the top five flare hazards on your flare system(s)
- initiating causes of liquid over fill in flare systems and associated preventative and mitigating layers of protection
- eight ways to block the flare path and the means to avoid doing so
- review of the final three of the five most common flare hazards
- review of relevant incidents associated with these three hazards
- final thoughts and advice on flare system safety
Want to purchase for multiple users?
Our 'broadcast fee' option allows you to run this course for up to 10 delegates at a significantly reduced price. Contact us for more information.