IChemE Safety Centre Case Studies - Coal Mine
Publication year: 2016
The IChemE Safety Centre (ISC) Case Studies are the latest addition to our range of safety training resources. They provide a rare opportunity to experience a series of process safety incidents as they unfold, in a real-time setting, without any prior knowledge of the outcome. Throughout the training session users will make crucial safety decisions, and discover how each of their decisions influences the incident.
Coal Mine simulates design, construction and commissioning decisions – This study guides users through the challenging practice of engineering decision making, this time focussing on the design, construction and commissioning of a coal mine. It highlights the pressures of budget and schedule, enabling users to experience how these factors influence vital decisions.
Features and Formats
The Case Studies are supplied on a USB drive as MP4 Video files, launched from a PowerPoint presentation, with PDF facilitation notes to underpin decision making discussions. Key features include:
- 35-40 minutes of animated video footage to supplement a 90-120 minute training session
- two versions of video footage on each USB, one with group exercises and decision making points, the second with decision making points only
- all video footage will be launched from a PowerPoint presentation for easy access
- detailed suite of handouts for group exercises and decision points
- comprehensive facilitator notes, to explain the exercises