Project Management Toolkit: The Basics for Project Success, 2nd Edition
Author: Trish Melton
Publication year: 2007
Extent: Paperback, VST and PDF, 300 pages
This book provides you with the tools required to approach and manage projects. These effective skills will impact positively on the success of both the projects you are involved with and of your organization.
- A practical handbook for both career project managers and those involved intermittently with projects throughout their career
- Provides simple step-by-step tools for understanding and managing each of the project value-add stages:
- Developing a business case
- Robust planning
- Staying in control
- Delivering benefits
- Focussed on the needs of engineering and other technical project managers, but generic enough to support projects in other areas
- Brief and visually led, the Toolkit is designed to get you up and running fast and to increase the certainty of a positive project outcome from day one
- Comprehensive real world case studies demonstrate the use of tools
- Supported by downloadable online project planning templates that enable the techniques developed in the book to be applied in practice
Project Management Toolkit introduces the whole project life-cycle. It is the first of four project management titles that separately build skills in critical PM areas and together provide a powerful project management resource.
This publication is available to purchase in multiple formats from Elsevier, please visit the IChemE page on Elsevier’s website, to select your product and complete your transaction.