Process Safety Management: Thinking in Outcomes - Full Series
Establishing clear and shared delivery statements for each key aspect of process safety management helps to focus attention on what the system is intended to achieve in terms of risk management. Currently, most organisations simply describe and document the process and requirements within systems such as Management of Change or Permit to Work without first considering the purpose of these controls. Few non-safety professionals when asked, can coherently explain what such systems are for, what they deliver and which aspects are key to ensuring safety. Thinking in outcomes helps get everyone on the same page on why each component of a process safety management system is needed and also helps to quickly measure the effectiveness of key components of a process safety management system – ‘does it do what it says on the tin’? Early detection of system failure helps to fix things before they lead to catastrophe.
By the end of this course, you will:
- have a clearer and more concise ability to articulate the reasons and benefits of process safety management with non-technical experts
- know how to fine tune KPI and performance measurement programs to ensure that each element of a process safety management system is functioning to its optimum
- know how to use outcomes in incident investigation to seek out weaknesses in risk management.
Who is it for?
Process safety experts, plant managers, supervisors, operational directors and principal contractors who depend upon a thorough understanding of the purpose and functioning of process safety management.
What do you get?
- downloads of all modules (usually an hour each)
- most modules have a FAQ section at the end
- digital copies of slides and supporting materials (PDF)
- e-certificate of attendance, including hours allocation for CPD purposes (on request)
- What is Process Safety Management
- Thinking in Outcomes – what does this mean
- Why is this essential for risk management?
- What is the outcome of a process safety management system?
- Looking at outcomes for each element of a process safety management system (part 1)
- Looking at outcomes for each element of a process safety management system (part 2)
- How to use outcomes to measure and monitor process safety management using leading and lagging indicators
This option allows you to purchase the course for up to 10 individual users at a significantly reduced price of £819 + VAT. Contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.