IChemE Safety Centre Case Studies - Offshore Platform
Extent: Digital download
The IChemE Safety Centre (ISC) Case Studies are the latest addition to our range of safety training resources. They provide a rare opportunity to experience a series of process safety incidents as they unfold, in a real-time setting, without any prior knowledge of the outcome. Throughout the training session users will make crucial safety decisions, and discover how each of their decisions influences the incident.
Offshore Platform - simulating operational decisions
In this study the user will play the role of the incident investigator tasked with identifying the root causes. The case study explores the complexity behind the incident and prompts the user to identify the true causes beyond the immediate direct cause.
Features and Formats
- 35-40 minutes of animated video footage to supplement a 90-120 minute training session
- two versions of video footage provided, one with group exercises and decision making points, the second with decision making points only
- all video footage will be launched from a PowerPoint presentation for easy access
- detailed suite of handouts for group exercises and decision points
- comprehensive facilitator notes, to explain the exercises
Please allow IChemE three working days to send you the shared link to the material. The link will remain active for 30 days allowing you time to save the material to your preferred device or USB stick.