An Introduction to LOPA - full series
Layer of protection analysis (LOPA) is a semi-quantitative tool for analysing and assessing risk on a process plant. It uses an order of magnitude technique to evaluate the adequacy of existing or proposed layers of protection against known hazards. This new online course will help you develop a better understanding of all things LOPA.
Split into three 60-minute sessions, the course will help you to understand the principles of a LOPA study, how to identify significant scenarios and how to define an independent Protection Layer, how to estimate frequencies and how to document and audit a LOPA study.
- the basic methodology of LOPA
- how to decide if a process needs a safety instrumented system (SIS)
- what safety integrity level (SIL) is required
- LOPA scenarios
- how to define targeted frequencies
- how to define an independent protection layer (IPL)
- Uncertainty and sensitivity
- Leading the LOPA Study
- Competent Authority position
Our 'broadcast fee' options allows you to run this course for up to 10 delegates at a significantly reduced price. Contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.