IChemE Safety Centre Case Studies - Chemical Plant
Publication year: 2019
The IChemE Safety Centre (ISC) Case Studies are the latest addition to our range of safety training resources. They provide a rare opportunity to experience a series of process safety incidents as they unfold, in a real-time setting, without any prior knowledge of the outcome. Throughout the training session users will make crucial safety decisions, and discover how each of their decisions influences the incident.
Chemical Plant – Inherently Safer Design takes you through the principles of inherently safer design and their application. It highlights the conflicting pressure of budget and production versus safety, showing the challenges of determining which option is inherently safer.
Features and Formats
The Case Studies are supplied on a USB drive as MP4 Video files, launched from a PowerPoint presentation, with PDF facilitation notes to underpin decision making discussions. Key features include:
- 35-40 minutes of animated video footage to supplement a 90-120 minute training session
- two versions of video footage on each USB, one with group exercises and decision making points, the second with decision making points only
- all video footage will be launched from a PowerPoint presentation for easy access
- detailed suite of handouts for group exercises and decision points
- comprehensive facilitator notes, to explain the exercises