Creativity for Chemical Engineers - Full Series
Creativity is at the heart of engineering, and is essential for developing innovative products, processes, and solutions to complex problems. Developing creative skills gives individuals and their organisations competitive advantage.
This modular online course will introduce you to the approaches and tools for creative thinking in engineering. It covers the importance of having a systematic approach, rigorous problem definition, generating new ideas, and selecting and implementing the most appropriate idea or solution. Factors that enhance and inhibit the creative process are also covered. The course will be tailored to delegates from the chemical and process industries.
- creativity and engineering
- conditions and factors for creativity
- creative systems
- types of problem
- the importance of problem definition
- critical thinking
- present state/desired state
- lateral thinking
- organising and assessing ideas
- selling your ideas to others
- an insight into how the brain works
- creativity enhancers and inhibitors
- team creativity
The modules, each around 60 minutes in length, are effective as stand-alone training sessions or as part of a modular programme.